Visiting is an ability only accessible by sensates who have made eye contact or are in the same cluster. Visiting sensates are mentally transported to the location of another sensate, occasionally switching between both of their locations. There appears to be no limit to the number of connections a senate can form through eye contact. As evidenced by the senate puck who boasted a connection to 387 sensates across the world.
Sensates experience the following when visiting:
- Can only be seen and heard by the sensate they are visiting.
- Can communicate with the sensate they are visiting. Within a cluster there are no language barriers.
- Can feel the same sensations as the person they are visiting.
- Can share sensations with each other purely through the mind. As seen when Wolfgang Bogdanow met Lila Facchini and she demonstrated the ability to share physical sensations while visiting him without touching themselves or each other.
- Can vaguely read the thoughts and feelings of the person they are visiting.
- Even if only one member of the cluster has established eye contact with another sensate they can allow other members of the cluster to speak through them and communicate with that sensate. As seen when Will and Nomi gathered their entire cluster to speak with Jonas Maliki even though Will and Nomi were the only ones who could visit him.
- In special cases, sensates visiting the same person can see and interact with each other, provided they are from the same cluster or have all previously made eye contact.
- It is possible for Sensates within a cluster to visit each other while asleep allowing them to share dreams with one another, as evidence when Will Gorski and Nomi Marks shared an inherited memory from the mother of their cluster Angelica Turing while they were both dreaming.
Visiting is the most common method of interacting with a sensate. However, it may not always be desirable. Whispers tracks clusters by making eye contact with a sensate and visiting them to find their location. He then tracks them down and kidnaps them, forcing them to reveal the locations of the rest of the cluster.
Whispers is able to visit members of a cluster by proxy through a captured member. This involves inducing acute pain in a member of the target cluster while said member is connected to BPO equipment. This enables the perpetrator to sense the surroundings of one or more members of the cluster, as the perpetrator visits in the place of the painstruck victim. The connection is not permanent nor stable, and it is unknown if pain is the best way to reproduce the phenomenon. Whispers is the only one shown using such a technique, and personally developed most of the equipment.